As development coordinator, Ashly became our go-to person for communications. She wrote material for a variety of pieces aimed at donors and stakeholders. She was excellent at finding the right tone for each publication and the most graceful, efficient way to communicate the message.Kay Knox
Express your ideas.
Writing is my first love. I delight in finding the perfect way to tell a story, express an idea, share emotion, or clarify understanding. An avid reader of both fiction and nonfiction, I have vast experience in different styles and genres of writing. I am comfortable building on rough ideas and forming them into compelling copy.
To give you an overview of my writing experience:
- As communications manager at Town Hall Seattle, I wrote and published event descriptions and marketing materials, including a monthly print calendar, for more than 400 events annually.
- I provided writing support as managing editor of the newsletter for the Washington Chapter of the Sierra Club.
- As a development professional, I have written materials for fund-raising campaigns, including appeals, thank-you letters, grants, and auction catalogs. I also draft talking points for speeches given at events.
- I have been responsible for writing and updating content for several agency websites.
- Using MS Word, Publisher and other software programs, I have written and created countless marketing pieces, such as brochures and email announcements.
- I am a long-time fiction, memoir, and blog writer.
- For many years, I sent a weekly movie review to a growing list of subscribers.
- While a student at Wellesley College, I won the prestigious Perkins Prize for writing.